Pre-qualifications of Awardees or Inductees
The DLSAA confers awards according to set criteria applicable to each category. However, except for the DLSAA Honorary Membership, all awardees or inductees must be -
- Graduates in any level of any DLSB - PD school;
- Those who have studied, but not necessarily graduated, for the equivalent of at least two (2) years in any DLSB - PD school;
- Those who have studied, but not necessarily graduated, for the equivalent of at least two (2) years in schools acquired by the DLSB - PD and integrated thereto, including those who studied/graduated prior to such acquisition and integration;
- Honorary degree conferees of any DLSB - PD school;
- Members of the faculty who have served for the equivalent of two (2) years in any DLSB - PD school; or
- Non-Lasallians who because of meritorious services, concern, involvement in the DLSAA or in any DLSB - PD school activities and/or projects, and are conferred membership by the DLSAA Board of Directors.
The personal life of an awardee is not a primary focus of consideration. The DLSAA principally honors a person's achievements until and unless his personal life is blatantly and publicly offensive. Nonetheless, an awardee must have neither been convicted of any major crime nor, additionally, tainted by any gross public misconduct, immorality, or scandalous behavior.
At the minimum, the awardee must espouse Lasallian values represented by Religio, Mores et Cultura and live a life consistent with accepted Filipino current community standards of behavior.